Blog Image

News archive

Nick Carter’s reply about the stand 25/10/18

News Posted on 31/10/2018 21:14

From: Nick Carter <Nick.Carter@westberks.gov.uk>

Date: 25 October 2018 at 11:17:14 +01:00

Subject: RE: FW: Spectator stand removal from Newbury Football Ground

To: deputychair@ncfg.uk

Dear John,

The Stand was purchased by the Football Club many years
ago. Since then Football Club has gone through many changes and an argument
could be made that it has reverted to the landlord although we take the view
that since it was purchased by a tenant it should remain as a tenant’s fixture.
Aside from this, I understand that the Stand is not being sold but gifted
to Hungerford and is an arrangement between Hungerford and Newbury FC.
WBC is satisfied that the outgoing tenant is able to come to such an
arrangement in relation to the Stand. We also take the view that this
arrangement best serves the wider community and puts the stand to good use.

I hope that clarifies our position.

Kind regards

Nick

NCFG question to WBC executive 18/10/18

News Posted on 31/10/2018 21:13

In
June 2018 WBC released the following press release:

https://info.westberks.gov.uk/article/35379

The
site
(Newbury Football Ground) will be temporarily unavailable while the Council surveys
the site to assess its condition and safety, and to put in place the arrangements
to allow the community to use it. Subject to the results of the survey work we
aim to have the site open in September and will be making it freely available
to the public as a multi-use games area. While residents may choose to use it
for multiple different sports, it will be marked up with two five-a-side
pitches for those wanting to play football.

Residents will be able to simply turn up
and use the space rather than needing to book in advance. These arrangements
will be kept under review by West Berkshire Council to ensure the facility is
being used responsibly.

Question: What evidence
did WBC take into account and what consultation took place to support the
decision as outlined in the press release above?

but on the night…. unfortunately Cllr James Fredrickson failed to answer it 🙁